Ah, nothing like spring in Colorado! Wildflowers blooming, snow melting off the mountains, creeks flowing, oh and caddis season is in full swing! We start seeing caddis bouncing up and down on the surface or skating across the water, tempting the hungry trout! To celebrate this great time of year, The Collegiate Peaks Chapter of Trout Unlimited is holding its 33rd annual Caddis Festival Banquet & Auction on Saturday, May 5th, 2018, at the Chaffee County Fairgrounds in Poncha Springs, Colorado. There will be lots of fun for everyone – both anglers and non-anglers, including a silent and live auction, special raffles, a heads-or-tails game and bucket raffles!
The social time and cash bar open at 5 PM with a buffet dinner catered by Variations starting at 6:45 PM.The prizes that YOU could take home are truly outstanding, including fine fishing gear, unique artwork, hosted fishing trips and more! There will be items for men, women, kids, anglers and non-anglers.
Since 1985, CPC-TU has provided educational programs and activities for youth and adults and provided funds and volunteers for river and riparian restoration projects in the Upper Arkansas River Valley. Come hang out and support a great cause! The Caddis Festival Banquet & Auction is CPC-TU's major fundraising event of the year and they look forward to seeing you!
Some of the projects and activities supported by the Caddis Festival funds in 2017 included:
* Sponsored the popular kid’s fishing derbies July 4th in Salida and Labor Day weekend in Buena Vista
* Provided funds to continue the development of the Ecosystems Learning Center (ELC) on the South Arkansas River in Salida
* In collaboration with GARNA, held the 6th grade conservation camp in Buena Vista, high school ecology classes in Salida and Stream Explorers educational activities in Buena Vista and Salida.
* Provided volunteers to assist Colorado Parks and Wildlife in fin clipping at the Mt. Ouray Hatchery and fish stocking in high lakes
* Contributed locally tied flies to Casting for Recovery and Reel Recovery
* Provided and pledged funds to Central Colorado Conservancy to promote and enhance Arkansas river access
* Awarded $12,000 in college scholarships to four local students studying aquatic biology or natural resources
For more information, contact Pam Simpson, Caddis Festival Planning Committee Chair at (719) 395-7788 or email@example.com
Registration is easy and online! Follow the link below.