If you cannot make it to our annual River Stewardship Gala, you can still bid on any of our live auction items! Please email, JFlorence@tu.org with the item you wish to bid on and how much you wish to bid!
Live Auction Items:
(1) Fishing with Pat Dorsey. Enjoy a full day of guided walk/wade fishing for two with one of Colorado’s most respected guides, Pat Dorsey of Blue Quill Angler. Not only will you experience a great day on the water, but you’ll leave the day having learned ways to improve your angling experiences from one of Colorado’s top guides. You’ll fish Pat’s “home waters” in Cheesman Canyon, or other waters served by Blue Quill based on conditions at the time of your trip. Valid for 2016, subject to availability. Item value: $450. Minimum bid: $250.
(2) Explore the Flattops and White River. You’ll enjoy a three night, two day experience with Ripple Creek Lodge nestled near the spectacular Flat Tops Wilderness and the headwaters of the White River. Your package includes a three night stay for two guests in one of Ripple Creek’s cabins, all meals during your stay, plus two days of guided fishing: one day will be walk/wade fishing on the White River, and one day you’ll enjoy fishing with a guided horseback trail ride to a remote lake in the Flat Tops Wilderness Area. Valid for 2016, subject to availability. Item value: $1,300. Minimum bid: $750.
(3) Roaring Fork Valley Getaway. This package – perfect for a weekend mini-vacation – includes two nights in a beautiful one bedroom cabin along the Fryingpan River with Dallenbach Ranch (valid through May 2017, subject to availability, upgrade to a two bedroom cabin may be available for additional charge); plus a certificate covering green fees and cart for four people at the beautiful Ironbridge Golf Course in Glenwood Springs (for 2016, subject to availability); plus a half-day guided float trip for two anglers with Roaring Fork Anglers/Alpine Angling valid for 2016, subject to availability. Item value: $1,200. Minimum bid: 500
(4) Gold Medal fishing in the Gunnison Gorge. A three day float trip for two anglers to fish in Colorado's Gunnison Gorge, for use in May or September 2016, subject to availability. Fish a Gold Medal fishery in the midst of a true wilderness setting, the river accessible only by foot and horseback. You’ll start with a moderately strenuous hike into the Gorge, and then enjoy the next three days floating through a spectacular, unspoiled wilderness canyon fishing for large, feisty trout. The package also includes meals from lunch on day one through lunch on day three, group camping equipment and cot (you provide your own sleeping bag & fishing gear), transportation to and from the river, and of course, guided fishing on one of Colorado’s signature float trips. Item value: $5,000. Minimum bid: $3,000
(5) Fish the New Fork with Jack Dennis! Legendary outfitter and angler Jack Dennis considers Wyoming’s New Fork his favorite river, but it is challenging water – as he puts it, where anglers go to earn their “PhD”. Jack will take you for two full-day floats in his Hyde drift boat specially designed for rivers like the New Fork – a small intimate river full of brush piles, deep cut banks, cover everywhere and some of the most beautiful pools in the world. Jack has fished this river for over 56 years and every pool has a name and a story. Challenging, unpredictable, moody, mystic, almost human – the New Fork can humble an angler but with precise short casts, good drifts, patience and luck the rewards can be large and memorable. “Each day on this river is different; every season shows you something new and exciting,” he explains. “New discovery and challenges have kept me fishing the New Fork all my life.” This package for two anglers also includes two nights’ accommodations at Jack’s condo in Pinedale, WY. Fish stories and BS optional. Valid for 2016, subject to availability. The “season” on the New Fork runs from early July through the end of September. Item value: $1,300. Minimum bid: $750
(6) Hermosa Creek package. This package celebrates Hermosa Creek outside of Durango, the heart of the Watershed Protection Area recently protected by Congress under bipartisan legislation. From native cutthroat habitat in its headwaters near Purgatory Ski Area, to its confluence with the Animas River, Hermosa Creek is an outstanding wild trout fishery. You’ll enjoy a full day of hosted fishing on the river with TU’s Ty Churchwell including lunch and transportation to the river; plus one night’s accommodations at the Rochester Hotel/Leland House B&B in Durango (valid for 2016 subject to availability); plus a framed art-quality print of Hermosa Creek. Item value: $950. Minimum bid: 400
(7) Rio Grande fishing getaway. Spend two nights in a furnished condo in South Fork Colorado on the banks of the Rio Grande River. The unit sleeps four people. Package also includes a full-day, guided fishing trip for two on the Rio Grande courtesy of Wolf Creek Anglers in South Fork. Access to private waters are available at an additional cost, and additional nights lodging can be added for an extra fee. Valid for 2016, with blackout dates from June 20 to July 20; subject to availability. Item value: $1,905. Minimum bid: $700
(8) Suite experience at Coors Field. Enjoy a 2016 Colorado Rockies game with friends in a deluxe suite at Coors Field! Includes tickets for twelve, plus food and beer. The winning bidder can choose from a large menu of available games, as well as an option to purchase up to seven additional standing room only tickets. Some blackout dates may apply; schedule as soon as possible to secure your desired game. Item Value: $2,000. Minimum bid: $700
(9) Fish & stay in luxury at Madison Valley Ranch. Situated on the banks of the Madison River just 3 miles north of Ennis, Madison Valley Ranch offers anglers unparalleled access to all the best blue-ribbon fly fishing in southwestern Montana. A short walk out the back door will find you casting to rising fish in the famous “Channels” section of the Madison, fighting large, feisty trout on a private two acre pond, or stalking Jack Creek as it runs through the property. You’ll also enjoy outstanding accommodations and meals – the package includes two nights accommodations (double occupancy), all meals: buffet breakfast, streamside lunch, appetizers & a 4 course casual gourmet dinner, plus two days of guided fishing. First, a one-day float trip for two with professional guides on the Madison River through Madison Valley Ranch. Second, you’ll enjoy a guided float for two on your choice of the area’s finest trout streams with “The Trout Whisperer” Dave Kumlien – 38 year fly fishing outfitter for Montana Troutfitters and 2001 Outdoor Life Conservationist of the Year. Combine great fishing with a beautiful lodge & accommodations, professional guide service, exquisite dining, warm atmosphere, and awesome scenery and wildlife, and you truly are “just a cast away” from your finest fishing experience ever. Valid for 2016 season, subject to availability. Item value: $3,000. Minimum bid: $1,200
(10) Alan Kube bamboo rod, 7-foot 3-weight. This rod was custom-built by Denver-area master rod builder Alan Kube. Kube explains the revival of interest in cane rods: “Part of it's still a sense of tradition, of getting back to modern fly-fishing's roots and the work of the old masters,” Kube says. Combine this with the feel of fishing bamboo: “You cast graphite rods by the clock in your head,” Kube explains. “You cast bamboo by the feel in your hand.” Item value: $1,800. Minimum bid: $1,260.
(11) Flyfishing adventure in New Zealand with Distant Waters. New Zealand is famed for its beauty and the quality of flyfishing you can enjoy there – and nobody helps you experience it better than Kevin Wigfield, owner of Distant Waters Angling Adventures in New Zealand, who has been organizing all-inclusive New Zealand packages for 15 years. With this package for two, you’ll enjoy five days of guided fly fishing – one of which is a helicopter trip into remote New Zealand backcountry – with seven nights accommodations, breakfast and lunch provided daily, and roundtrip airfare from Los Angeles to New Zealand. (Travel to Los Angeles, dinner, license and fishing gear are not included). This package can be used for the upcoming summer season – October 2016 through April 2017. Distant Waters can also help you with add-on activities, dates, and lodging if you wish to extend your trip. Subject to availability. Item value: $11,000. Minimum bid: $6,500
(12) Fall Fishing at Blue Valley Ranch. Enjoy a day of fishing with your host, Kirk Klancke, on some of Colorado’s most exclusive private water at Blue Valley Ranch – aka “Jurassic Park”, home to some of the biggest lunker trout you’ll find. The Blue River supports a Gold Medal fishery, and the Blue Valley Ranch downstream from Green Mountain Reservoir supports some of the best trophy fish in Colorado. Trip is subject to availability for 2016, with autumn dates most likely to be open. Item value: 600. Minimum bid: $300
(13) Labrador Brook Trout Adventure. A one-week fishing getaway to Labrador, Canada for two anglers. In Labrador, you’ll find a true wilderness that forms a perfect backdrop for the angling adventures of your imagination. The boreal forest, tundra and seemingly endless waters are pure and unsullied. The fisheries hold treasures – fish that have disappeared from all but the most native and pristine environments. You’ll have the chance to catch trophy brook trout in the remarkable Woods River wilderness. The package includes six fishing days and seven nights at Three Rivers Lodge’s main camp fishing the Eagle River, Rick’s Run and Victoria River upstream and the main Woods River downstream. Also includes two fly-outs on the river system for each angler. Accommodations in main camp are private guest cabins (double occupancy, with full private bathroom), and all meals are included. Valid for 2016 season, subject to availability. Item value: $11,900. Minimum bid: $7,000
(14) 29th Annual Classical Music River Journey. Merging the arts with a whitewater rafting adventure, Bill Dvorak - Colorado's first licensed outfitter and a fifth-generation cousin of the famed composer Antonin Dvorak - takes river enthusiasts with an "ear for music" on a once-in-a-lifetime Classical Music Journey down the Green River's (Utah) spectacular Desolation and Gray canyons. The winning bidder will enjoy an eight-day float (July 23-30) along with a professional string quartet, from selected Philharmonics as they embrace the deep canyon acoustics in these majestic canyons, grottos and natural amphitheaters playing the works of Bach, Beethoven, Dvorak and many more. During the course of the float, guests will be able to listen to concerts performed on vast beaches and in the mile-deep canyons and open amphitheaters once traveled by ancient peoples. The trip is a perfect chance to take in Utah's spectacular wilderness river canyon scenery, read, relax, view wildlife, and listen to impromptu musical performances. The package includes rafting equipment, camping gear set up per person, select wines, kayak or stand up paddling options, and gourmet meals provided each day. Additional costs; shuttle airfare from Grand Junction, CO to the launch and van shuttle back from the takeout and guide gratuities. "The trip is pampered, if not the most memorable sophisticated adventure you ever take," said Dvorak. Item value: $2,410. Minimum bid: $1,200
(15) Yellowstone Cache Creek horsepack fishing adventure. Experience a once-in-a-lifetime wilderness adventure in America’s first national park, spectacular Yellowstone National Park. This trip for two takes place July 12-16, 2016. Cache Creek, a tributary of the Lamar River, holds a great supply of cutthroat trout and is an ideal backcountry spot for several days of fishing and exploring. On the first day you’ll ride 8 miles to the Lower Cache Creek site where you’ll set up camp for the next two nights and spend your days fishing up and down the creek and exploring its pockets and pools filled with vibrant cutthroats. When not fishing you’ll enjoy the park’s natural wonders as you ride alongside The Thunderer and look for buffalo, wolf or bear meandering up and down the trail. Your third and fourth days will be spent a couple of miles further upstream to enjoy rarely fished waters filled with beautiful pools and runs. On the final day you’ll fish around camp as the guides pack up, and then head back toward home. Along with great fishing and remarkable scenery, Sunrise Pack Station also offers experienced guides with great knowledge of the park’s natural and human history – so beyond having assistance with the horses and local fishing knowledge, you’ll also have the chance to learn about Yellowstone from fire ecology, to wolf reintroduction, to the Nez Perce Indians who were native to this area. Meals and campaign gear are provided; to ensure safety there is a 250 lb. weight limit. Item value: $4,700. Minimum bid: $2,500
(16) Holland America Line cruise for two – up to seven nights. When you step aboard one of the five-star ships of Holland America Line, you will experience a voyage unlike any other. You can choose any cruise for two people (sharing the same stateroom) up to seven days in length to Alaska, the Caribbean, Mexico or Canada/New England. Your journey includes extraordinary dining, spacious staterooms, elegant surroundings and days filled with new discoveries and gracious pampering by an award-winning crew. The winning bidder will receive a certificate valid for minimum ocean view stateroom class, with no expiration date. Does not include taxes, fuel supplement, onboard charges, shore excursions, airfare to the port of departure, or hotel service charges. Item value: $2,600. Minimum bid: $1,300
(17) Alaska Kenai River adventure for four. Up to four anglers will enjoy a full day float trip on the Upper or Middle Kenai River with Tightlines Alaska and owner/guide Collin Papuga, an alumni of CTU’s Youth River Conservation & Fly Fishing Camp. The package includes guide, rods and reels if needed, flies, and transportation to the launch site. The Upper Kenai River runs 17 miles long and is limited to drift boats as it flows through the Kenai National Wildlife Refuge. The fishing pressure is minimal on this stretch of water and anglers fish for rainbows, dolly varden, silver salmon, and sockeye salmon. The Middle Kenai River has more fishing pressure, but is known for monster trout and dolly varden and is your best shot at hooking a 30″ trout! Your trip will be custom tailored to the type of fishing you desire in a comfortable 20 foot Willie drift boat accommodating four guests plus your guide. Valid for 2016, subject to availability – blackout dates July 1-31. Item value: $1,000. Minimum bid: $500.
(18) Fall Fishing on the Upper Bighorn with Jack Dennis! Every year Jack Dennis goes to the private Taylor Homestead Ranch three miles from Thermopolis, WY, on the banks of the Big Horn River. He hosts his friends to share Wyoming’s most prolific trout river. Drift fishing to rising fish with small dry flies; challenging hatches of tricos, blue wings, mahoganies and terrestrials occur all day. The water requires good casting skills with soft, delicate casts to spooky fish including many large tough fish over 20 inches. With this package for two, you’ll relax in the natural hot springs in front of the ranch house after fishing, and enjoy accommodations in a large roomy house that sleeps eight. You’ll fish for two days with Jack, with the option to extend an additional day or two for a modest fee. Drift in Jack’s Hyde Montana driftboat through private lands untouched by bank fishermen. This full package includes fishing on two days and lodging for three nights, as well as lunch both days and flies. The ranch is leased from October 3-14, 2016 and for three weeks in October 2017; this trip can be used in either year. Reserve with Jack early to secure your dates. Item value: $1,450. Minimum bid: $1,000
(19) Catch quality trout with Landon Mayer! Enjoy a full day guided river fishing trip for one or two anglers on choice of Front Range Colorado waters with Landon Mayer, author of books including How to Catch the Biggest Trout of Your Life (2007 Wild River Press), Colorado's Best Fly Fishing (2011 Stackpole-Headwater Books), and 101 Trout Tips: A Guide’s Secrets, Tactics, and Techniques (2015 Stackpole-Headwater Books). Lunch provided. Valid for Summer 2016, based on availability. Item value: $450. Minimum bid: $250.