Volunteers are needed to help rehabilitate the watershed with natural vegetation. Projects will include burying logs for erosion control, collecting and planting willow shoots, transplanting native trees and grasses, as well as some spreading of native seed and hay to encourage regrowth. Please register online at FDRD.org
SCHEDULE: September 13, 2014 9am: Meet in parking lot - Introduction and overview of the day
1pm: Arrive back at trailhead - wrap up discussion.
ITEMS TO BRING OR WEAR: Our summer mountain weather can range from sunny and warm to cold and wet. Be prepared.
- Work or hiking boots--no sandals or minimalist shoes
- Long pants, long sleeved shirt, other layers
- Rain gear, hat, sunglasses
- Sunscreen, insect repellant, allergy medications
- Day pack Lunch Snacks for munching on the trail Drinking water (AT LEAST 2 liters per person per day)
- Leather or heavy-duty work gloves (optional)
- Ages 6-15 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Ages 16-18 must have parental consent via FDRD waiver to attend.
- Pets are not permitted
- Drink plenty of fluids before and during the project
- Smoking on the project site is not permitted
- Carpooling is highly encouraged